So I realized I stopped posting on here a long long time ago...(Meaning my aspirations to create a food blog lasted basicallyyy a month. Fail.)
Anyway, tonight I decided to make a pear pizza. Even though I've made this recipe about three times before now, I always vary the recipe a bit and end up with varied (though delicious) results. Well, tonight it was FANTASTIC.
What I used:
-pizza dough (Pillsbury makes the dough that you just roll out onto a cookie sheet, which ended up being very convenient)
-2 bosc pears, cut into thin pieces (I've used d'anjou pears before too, but I think bosc pears cook better without getting too soft)
-1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
-plain cream cheese, 1-2 tbsp
-butter (~3 tbsp?)
-honey (~4 tbsp?)
-shredded mozzarella cheese, about 1 cup
-goat cheese, about 1.5 oz
-4 slices of prosciutto (bacon works too, but the final product just ends up being crispier)
-handful of shredded parmesan cheese
-~5 basil leaves

First, I heated the butter and started to cook the onions, drizzling a tiny bit of honey over them. Then, I added the pieces of pear when the onions were about halfway cooked. When the onions and pears were soft and semi-translucent , I added a few generous drizzles of honey and let the honey-butter concoction simmer for a while.

Meanwhile, I preheated the dough (the packaging said 8 minutes at 400 so that's what I did). When that was done, I spread a little bit of cream cheese on the dough. I just think it makes the honey stick to the dough better after it bakes. Then, I spooned the pear/onion mixture (along with the residual honey butter- there shouldn't be a lot left) onto the dough.

Next, a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese, prosciutto (torn into pieces), goat cheese, a few more handfuls of mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan...(can you tell I like cheese yet?) Then into the oven it goes! (this one took another 8-9 minutes, but it just depends on what type of dough you're using)
Then one last teeny drizzle of honey on top and some torn-up basil leaves. Ta-da! The finished product was so tasty :D
Om nom nom.
No comments:
Post a Comment