I found this recipe http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/dinner-tonight-orecchiette-with-peas-prosciutto-creme-fraiche-recipe.html and was dying to try it. I wasn't really sure what creme fraiche was, and I'd never really bought prosciutto before, but it got good reviews and looked yummy.
So I went to Whole Foods--I figured that was a good bet considering I didn't know how to pronounce half the things on the ingredients list. I realized quickly how glorious of a shopping experience Whole Foods is--maybe even better than the Galleria! But I restrained myself and stuck with the ingredients on my list, with the exception of some cute little cipollini onions I found in the produce.
For the main dish, I followed the website's recipe almost exactly, except I omitted the peas and added more garlic and minced onions to the sauce and shredded parmesan on top. It's a really simple recipe, but I would have never thought to combine all these flavors!
I felt like making a side dish too, so I put the baby onions in a little foil basket, drizzled them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, and baked them at 300 until they were soft, turning them every once in a while (about 30 minutes total, maybe a little more). I am an onion lover, so I gobbled these up. They were so tender and sweet!
Here's the finished meal! Chris and I ate it all by ourselves. Om nom nom.
No comments:
Post a Comment